Welcome to the August 2020 edition of the Toukley Golf Club monthly Captain’s report.
The return to normality for the playing golf at Toukley is continuing, however there is still some way to go. The previously published Golfing Guidelines and Temporary Local Rules are still in force, with any changes subject to Government directive. Due to the latest COVID-19 outbreaks, Members are being constantly updated on changes to operating conditions on the course and in the clubhouse.
All the Club Knockout events are well under way with the Laurie Powell mixed singles K/O finalised, with Mark Hall defeating Johnny Pisani 4/3. The winner, R/Up and semi-finalists of the Laurie Powell will all receive trophies at the Club Presentation night in December, COVID allowing. The final of the Ray Eckford 4B K/O will be held on Saturday 26th September and the John Brigstock singles K/O has reached the semi-final stage.
The postponed Men’s April Medal round will be played Saturday 29th August, replacing the 2020 Carlton Toukley Cup which has been cancelled for the year. The May Medal round will be played at a further date TBA.
As per last month’s report, the Toukley Mixed Foursomes Championships, Sponsored by Rick Curtis Meats, are scheduled for Sunday 30th August. Please note there is no seeded draw and the timesheet will be open from Tuesday 18th August. The following changes to normal procedures will be made due to the current COVID restrictions;
- No hand written scoreboard will be on display which will avoid members congregating to check scores. A basic result sheet will be available after completion of play for reference.
- As the Mpower golfing program is unable to process 27 hole events cards will not be required to be entered into the computer. The Match Committee will process the scorecards for the competition.
- No results will be displayed on the electronic leaderboard, therefore competition results will be posted on the website the next day, Monday 31st August.
- There will be no trophy presentation held on the day.
- As there are restrictions on the number of people allowed in the clubhouse it is unlikely all competitors will be able to return to the clubhouse after play.
- There will be no play offs for scratch events with ties decided by countbacks.
- Further changes may be made to the “Terms of the Competition”, and if so details will be provided to players on the day.
If members have any feedback, questions or suggestions for myself or the Match Committee please leave a note with reception or email via the contact details available on the club website.
Regards and good golfing,
Jack Boardman, Club Captain, for and on behalf of the Match Committee.