Welcome to the April edition of the Toukley Golf Club 2020 monthly Captain’s report.
Due to the restrictions imposed on the Club due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes have been made to the way we conduct golfing competitions;
- The 2020/21 golf program has been postponed indefinitely. Depending on the future date we can resume normal golfing activities, I will then implement a program which will enable the running of as many events as possible this year.
- All competitions currently being held will be single Stableford/Par for both Men and Women. All competition fees collected as part of your entry fee are being returned to players in prizemoney.
- A one tee start is being used to avoid excessive players congregating on the first and tenth tees during crossover if a two tee start is used.
- As there are no NTP’s the balls normally allocated are added to the ball competition.
- A new Competition has been added to Mondays in addition to the normal Monthly Orange Comp. This extra Competition will be a Medley Stableford. The men will play the Yellow course and the Ladies the Red course.
- Please make yourself familiar with the current Golfing Guidelines and Temporary Local Rules, a copy of which is posted on the Local Rules board and at the entry to the Pro Shop.
Another major change to our normal practice is the current Greens Renovations. Due to the limited availability of our greens staff and the need to minimize our expenditure the decision was made to have a staged renovation program. Greens will be cored in batches of two or three over the next few weeks. Apologies for any inconvenience during this time.
To all our members, many thanks for your patronage and also your understanding and patience during these difficult times.
Jack Boardman, Club Captain, for and on behalf of the Match Committee.