The Board acting on advice from the Finance Committee has in place a number of plans and conditions to maintain financial stability and prosperity going forward. These have placed the Club in a sound position to come out of the current situation, to be able to resume trading and continuing with golf for our members. As previously stated the increase of $2 per game will greatly improve our cash flow.
Most importantly, on behalf of the Board I wish to express appreciation for the way the staff has responded to these challenging circumstances. They have been flexible in working with the club to keep things ticking over, including doing work such as cleaning and operating the half-way house; job sharing to ensure that the everyone’s bills can be paid; improving and maintaining the golf course and continuing to run the office so that the financial tasks can continue to be completed.
During this enforced closure of the premises work has been done inside the club house including:
1. In the bar the floor has been resealed, under bench walls resealed and bar top revarnished;
2. In the kitchen, the plumbing in the floor which flooded the Pro Shop has been replaced;
3. The cool room floor has been resealed and the metal shelving is being replaced;
4. The improved ceiling in the smoking deck has been completed;
5. The sink in the main ladies’ toilet has been redone;
6. All seating around and under the club has been removed.
Thank everybody for your ongoing support, good health and stay safe.
Yours in golf